Volume 106, Number 1 (2024)
Every month, The Journal of the Michigan Dental Association brings news, information, and features about Michigan dentistry to our state's oral health community and the MDA's 6,200+ members. No publication reaches more Michigan dentists!
The January issue sets the foundation for Children’s Dental Health Month in February, the reader will find the following original content:
- A cover commentary on Pediatric Dentistry
- A feature article on Silver Diamine Fluoride as a Caries Management Option for the Young Child
- A feature on Considerations Concerning Obesity-Related Education for Parents of Young Children
- Professional advice commentary on Staying Focused on a Moving Target: Coping with Change
- News you need, an ADA Trustee Update, Advocacy Spotlight, Editorial and regular department articles on MDA Foundation activities, MDA Services, Dentistry and the Law, Staff Matters
- Plus, the ADA’s annual Children’s Dental Health Month pullout section, Healthy Habits for Healthy Smiles.
Setting the Foundation for a Lifetime of Oral Health
Samuel Blanchard DDS, MS
Silver Diamine Fluoride as a Caries Management Option for the Young Child
Giovana Anovazzi Medeiros DDS, MSc, PhD; Chia-En Tsai DDS, MS; Nita Singh DDS; and James R. Boynton DDS, MS
Pediatric Dentists’ Considerations Concerning Obesity-Related Education for Parents of Young Children: Who Should Educate about What, How and When?
Arianne Swanson DDS, MS; James R. Boynton DDS, MS; Larry B. Salzmann DDS; Yu-Ju Yang DDS; and Marita R. Inglehart Dipl. Psych., Dr. phil., Dr. phil. Habil
Staying Focused on a Moving Target: Coping with Change
North Shetter DDS
Editorial and News
ADA Report: ADA Board Discusses Membership, Looks Ahead to 2024
Michele Tulak-Gorecki DDS
Staff Matters: Are there Risks to Using AI in Our Practice?
Jodi Schafer SPHR, SHRM-SCP