Aims & Scope
The Journal of the Michigan Dental Association is a peer-reviewed, open-access publication. Published for more than 100 years, the MDA Journal is targeted to the dentists and oral health community of Michigan, with a print circulation of 6,700 providing up-to-date information about scientific advances, clinical practice procedures, business management strategies and policies relevant to the delivery of dental services. The Journal publishes review and original research articles along with content geared to provide dental professionals, educators, and policymakers with current information across a wide range of topics including:
- Translational articles enabling dentists to effectively incorporate evidence-based oral health research into their clinical practice.
- Evolving treatments in all areas of dentistry, including endodontics, oral and maxillofacial pathology and radiology, oral surgery, orthodontics, periodontics, prosthetics, pain management, and more.
- Tools, guidelines, and best practices for patient treatment.
- The relevance of public health research to clinical practitioners.
- Discussion of contemporary policy and legislative proposals relevant to dental education, practice, and the delivery of dental services.
- Efficacy of medications in the treatment of dental disease.
- New product trends relevant to oral health.
- Legal and practice management issues relevant to dental settings.
The Journal publishes the following features:
- Letters to the editor
- Scientific dentistry news
- Research articles
- Case reports
- Continuing education announcements
- Regulatory compliance guidance
- Risk management guidance
- Technology trends in oral health care
- Human resource and practice management guidance
- Legislative advocacy reports
- Association news
- Classified advertisements
The Journal of the Michigan Dental Association makes all articles immediately, permanently, and freely available upon publication. In addition, article processing charges (APCs) are underwritten by the association. Authors pay no APCs or submission fees to publish their articles in The Journal of the Michigan Dental Association.