Volume 105, Number 7 (2023)
The Journal of the Michigan Dental Association brings news, information, and features about Michigan dentistry to our state's oral health community and the MDA's 6,200+ members. No publication reaches more Michigan dentists!
In this issue, the reader will find the following original content:
- A cover story on recognizing mental health concerns in the dental workplace.
- Commentary by a foreign-trained dentist on difficulties in obtaining licensure.
- MDA 2023-04 Continuing Education Course Catalog
- A feature on addressing the current dental assisting workforce shortage.
- News you need, Editorial and regular department articles on MDA Foundation activities, Dentistry and the Law, Staff Matters, and component news
Mental Health in the Dental Workplace: Recognizing Signs, Communicating Concern, and Sharing Resources
Karen M. O'Brien and Karoline J. Trovato
Overcoming the Dental Assistant Shortage Starts Here
Joanne Dawley DDS, FAGD
Editorial and News
Staff Matters: Summer Fun Can Be Risky Business — Plan Accordingly
Jodi Schafer SPHR, SHRM-SCP