Volume 104, Number 10 (2022)
Monthly, The Journal of the Michigan Dental Association brings news, information, and feature articles to our state's oral health community and the MDA's 6,200+ members. No publication reaches more Michigan dentists!
In this issue, the reader will find the following original content:
- A cover story on eye safety to reduce occupational risk of eye injury in clinical dentistry.
- A feature story on a dentist’s journey with Bell’s Palsy.
- A department reports on legal issues caring for patients suspected of being under the influence of marijuana.
- Department article on workforce and employees quietly quitting.
- Articles on MDA Public Relations Grant Recipients and New Life Members.
- News you need, an Editorial and regular department articles, Dentistry and the Law, Staff Matters, Advocacy and component news.
This issue also includes one article reprinted with permission.
- If You Don’t Know, Now You Know delves into the issue of implicit bias in dentistry, drawing from the author’s personal experiences and highlighting the need for continued education to address biases through enhanced empathy and a growth mindset.
Editorial and News
10-Minute EBD: Should Chipped or Worn Dental Sealants Be Observed, Touched Up, or Restored?
Elliot Abt DDS, MS, MSc
MDA At Your Service: What Is the Recommendation Regarding Prescribing Clindamycin?
Eric Tye DDS and Angela Kanazeh MS, CMP
Staff Matters: Do You Have Quiet Quitters in Your Practice?
Jodi Schafer SPHR, SHRM-SCP